Performance and Merit Business Process
Performance And Merit Business Process Defined
- Every year, each major business unit conducts reviews for employees to determine increases in annual compensation
- Managers are given budgets and guidelines to follow for evaluating pay for direct reports
- Close to 1000 managers are involved in collecting the required data on all Scotts' employees
- This exercise is conducted once a year and is iterative in nature within defined timelines
- SAP HR is the source and the destination of the compensation data
The Old Process
- Individual spreadsheets were manually generated to include the compensation data for direct reports to the manager and distributed manually
- Due to the magnitude of the manual effort required, many associates including executive assistants were handling sensitive data
- There were no effective controls that enforced the data integrity of the returned spreadsheets
There was no effective mechanism to monitor the status or progress of the data collection or assigning proxies for the absentee managers.
- Each spreadsheet had to be manually reviewed and sent back out for revisions
- All the spreadsheets, when completed, had to be manually aggregated to calculate totals
- Any changes in employee data, etcâ€¦had to be manually reflected in each spreadsheet
- The time from start to finish spanned several weeks
- Managers and executive assistants dreaded the year end process
- Process was not SOX compliant
The New Process With SecureSheet™ And Corresponding Benefits
- One single, shared spreadsheet is created from the SAP data
- All access is through a secured web site
- Data displayed to the Manager is automatically limited to employees with direct and indirect reporting relationship
- All budgets, business controls, and security are enforced in the SecureSheet™
- All updates and reviews are real-time in one centralized and controlled place
- Any changes to assumptions can be updated simultaneously
- All communications are real-time
- The data collection takes minutes for managers versus hours/days the old way
- The data is uploaded back into SAP from a single, controlled source
- The overall process takes days instead of weeks
- SOX compliant
Check out our news and recent events.
September 16, 2016
March 1, 2016
CARSTAR Manages Scheduling Demand during Catastrophes with SecureSheet
February 18, 2013
December 14, 2010
Get up and running fast with SecureSheet QuickStart
Our QuickStart Service is for customers who need assistance in getting their projects implemented quickly. You might not have the time to put effective business processes together, or you may want help utilizing your business spreadsheet to its full potential. QuickStart gets you up and running fast.
Performance and merit business process using SecureSheet.
Learn how the Scotts Miracle-Gro company utilized SecureSheet business spreadsheets and improved ROI.